YMP Toronto with funding provided by IAMGOLD Corp. and Orefinders Resources Inc., is proud to introduce a series of scholarships that it is offering to Canadian university students pursuing a career in mining.
In 2018 YMP will be awarding $12,000 via three separate $4,000 scholarships, each one being awarded to a deserving female, male and a member of Canadian Indigenous Community.
Scholarships are awarded to students enrolled for the 2018 academic year at a Canadian university who are pursuing a career in the mining industry through either on earth sciences or mining engineering program.
These scholarships are made possible thanks to the generosity of corporate donors. This year IAMGOLD Corp. has funded the respective female and male YMP Scholarships, and Orefinders Resources Inc. has funded the YMP Scholarship for a member of Canada’s Indigenous Community. Both IAMGOLD and Orefinders enthusiastically support Canada’s next generation of mining leaders.
Candidates must be enrolled full-time in a earth sciences or mining related program for the 2018-19 Academic Year at a Canadian University.
How to apply:
Applicants will be considered based on their academic achievement, as well as their submission demonstrating their creativity, innovative ideas and commitment to a career in Canada’s mining industry.
Scholarship application packages must be submitted by April 30, 2018. The three recipients will be announced by May 31st, 2018.
Complete each of the following for consideration for a 2018 YMP Mining Scholarship:
1. Take a blank sheet of paper, draw a picture, make a collage, write a short essay or a poem…Do with this page what you wish, but make it relate to mining. Your only limitations are the boundaries of this page. Scan to create a PDF copy.
2. Login to Instagram. Tag @young_miners and get creative. Post whatever you wish, but make it relate to mining. Your only limitations are the boundaries of your screen. Take a screenshot of your post and save as a JPEG or PDF.
3. Login to Twitter. Tag @YMPToronto and in 280 characters, tell us how you would change the mining industry. Take a screenshot of your screen and save as a JPEG or PDF.
4. Create a PDF copy of your LinkedIn profile.
5. Create a PDF copy and your current academic transcript.
6. For those applying for the Orefinders Resources Indigenous Community Scholarship, please scan and PDF government issued proof of status.
Save all files into a Dropbox folder (First Name – Last Name – YMP Scholarship), labeled as follows:
1- First Name – Last Name – Blank Sheet
2- First Name – Last Name – Instagram
3- First Name – Last Name –Twitter
4- First Name – Last Name – LinkedIn
5- First Name – Last Name – Transcript
If applying for the Orefinders Resources Indigenous Community Scholarship:
6- First Name – Last Name – Proof of Status
Send your YMP Scholarship submission via a link to your Dropbox folder to email@example.com with the subject of the email identifying whether you are applying for the YMP Male, Female or Indigenous Community Scholarship.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck to all the future Young Mining Professionals!